A real attention getter while driving or parked, the Gen III billet aluminum rear lighted appliqué from EVAppliqués makes your Tesla Model S distinctive from every other car on the road and even other Model S’s. It replaces the stock Tesla plastic appliqué and is connected to power and signal sources in the trunk and liftgate hatch. Each TESLA letter is lighted and special effects can be customized and controlled from a smartphone Bluetooth app with a range of 20-30 feet. The color, brightness, flash frequency, and sequence of each letter can be independently controlled according to each owner’s preferences.
The out-of-the box effects include:
• Letters turn on and light red when the car’s rear tail lights are on
• Letters light bright red when brakes are applied
• Right-to-left and left-to-right sequencing of letters in sync with turn signals
• Letters turn white when reverse is engaged
• Letters flash in red in sync with all car lights controlled by the emergency flasher
A number of special effects for lighting the appliqué TESLA letters include the following, at each owner’s option (each owner will decide which of these effects he or she wants to deploy). These are the basic (and legal) control functions:
- Steady state red when the rear running lights are on
- Brighter red when the brakes are applied, as well other owner-customized braking effects
- Sequential lighting of each letter in sync with the right and left turn signals, all in red
- Sequential lighting of the letters in white when the car is placed in reverse, and other owner customized reverse effects, all in white
- Various owner-customized modes in green when the car is charging
- Other owner-customized special effect options and modes, including disco, Knight Rider, charging, TESLA EAT, and fade Tesla +S. For some of these effects, custom colors can also be set. As these options are illegal when the car is on the highway, they are turned off automatically when the car is in drive or detects operational modes
To controller this custom effects, a bluetooth controller app, Applique Master Control Module, can be downloaded from the Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store. It provides total control over functioning of the lighted applique from within the car or a distance of about 50 feet.
Machined out of a solid block of aluminum, the appliqué can be ordered in a chrome plated version to match the OEM Tesla chrome plastic applique or custom painted to match the color of your car.
The Gen II Model S Lighted Rear Appliqué is machined out of billet aluminum and pre-bent to fit the curvature of the Tesla Model S lift gate. Like the new version Tesla itself is now delivering on all new Model S’s, this Gen III version has completely open spaces at the ends over the taillights, thus eliminating the issues of moisture accumulation under the plastic lens in the former version. But Tesla’s version is still made of chrome plated plastic – our Gen III version is superior in quality and durability. Better yet it is available not only in a chrome plated version to match the appearance of the OEM version but also in painted color options that perfectly match all Tesla body color options, as follows:
- Signature Red
- Red Multi-Coat
- Solid Black
- Matte black
- Obsidian Black Metallic
- Green Metallic
- Brown Metallic
- Titanium Metallic
- Silver Metallic
- Solid White
- Pearl White Multi-Coat
- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Deep Blue Metallic
- Gray Metallic
The lighted appliqué is shipped ready to install, including basic installation parts.
Basic installation steps include:
- Removal of the stock OEM appliqué
- Some simple cutting with a Dremel tool of the supporting black plastic appliqué bracket
- Removal of the liftgate trim panels to access the wiring connections for the rear running lights, brake lights, and reverse lights
- Threading of several wires through the flex conduit from the top of the liftgate to the roof of the car
- Removal of the right rear trunk trim panel to access the connections for always-on 12v power and rear turn signals
Installation is appropriate for an advanced Do-It-Yourselfer and any capable after-market auto accessory shop. Illustrated written installation instructions are provided to each buyer.
The base price for the chrome plated aluminum lighted rear appliqué is $875. This includes the basic installation parts, the neopixel letter board electronics (preinstalled on the rear of the appliqué), and the Bluetooth control module. An extra charge of $50 is required for all painted color versions except matte black, which requires an extra charge of $75.
Information on returns and exchanges
Now and then returns may be necessary owing to preference for a different color, a mistake in the order, or dissatisfaction. We accept returns or exchanges happily. But please note that a restocking fee of $25 will be charged the buyer for any exchange or return.